The World Women’s Congress for a Healthy Planet, in Miami Florida, Nov. 8-12, 1991
recorded by Let the People Speak, a project of the Foundation for a Compassionate Society.
First Tribunal (Excerpts)
“Towards Earth Charter ’92: Developing a Code of Earth Ethics with a Women’s Dimension”
– Professor Wangary Maathai – founder Green Belt Movement, Kenya
– Magda Renner – executive President Acao Democratic Feminina Gaucha. Amigos de terra Brazil.
– Ellen Johnson Sirleaf – Vice President Equator Advisory service, Liberia
– Peggy Antrobus – Women’s Development (WAND), Barbados
– Dr Rosalle Bertell – President International Institue of Concern for Public Health, Canada
– Meena Raman – Friends of the Earth Third World Network, Malaysia